Online voting for the ratification of the NPR Board’s election of Nick Kereakos, Vice President of Technology & Operations at American Public Media, and Bari Scott, Executive Director of SoundVision Productions, as Non-Board Members of NPR’s Distribution/Interconnection Committee has begun as of 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time, July 12, 2013. An email has been sent to each representative of a PRSS interconnected station with a unique username and password for voting in the ratification ballot, as well as voting instructions. Please look for this email from “email@example.com” in your email inbox and then take a moment to cast your vote. The voting instructions are included again below for your convenience.
The deadline for voting is Monday, August 12, 2013, at 5:15 p.m. Eastern Time.
Please note that there is a separate ballot for the election of Member Directors and confirmation of the election of two Public Directors of the NPR Board. User names and passwords for the NPR Board election, which are different from the user names and passwords for the Non-Board D/I Committee member ratification, have been e-mailed separately.
If you have any questions about the voting process or if you do not receive your username and password by e-mail, please contact Michelle Shanahan, Associate General Counsel and Assistant Secretary, at 202-513-2055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for participating in the 2013 ratification ballot!
- The window for casting your ballot is from 9:00 a.m., Eastern Time, Wednesday, July 12, 2013, to 5:15 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday, August 12, 2013. Your vote must be cast within this period.
- Go to the PRSS web site at www.prss.org.
- When you reach the PRSS web site, click on the link for the election.
- When you get to the login page for the election, log in using your personal election username and password provided in this email. (See below).
- Upon entering the voting page you will have the opportunity to look at the ballot before you vote and to get additional information about the candidate by clicking on the ”details” links that appears beside the “Yes” selection for the candidate. If, after reviewing the ballot and/or looking at the information about the candidate, you decide you are not yet ready to vote, you can simply exit from that page and log in later when you are ready to vote.
- You must cast your ballot for the ratification of the election of the Non-Board Distribution/ Interconnection Committee Member by clicking on the box next to your vote, which may be one of the following: “Yes,” “No” or “Abstain.” When you have finished voting, click on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
- You will then be prompted to review and verify the selection on your ballot. If you are satisfied, please review and check the “Participant Consent” box and the “Submit” tab will activate. Click on “Submit” and your vote will be sent to the electronic ballot box. If you are not satisfied, click on the “edit selection” button next to the vote you wish to correct, or click on the “Edit entire ballot” button. Once you click on the “Submit” button, you will not be able to change your vote.
- Once you have cast your ballot you will receive a “Vote Confirmation” page. To view and print a receipt of your vote, click on the icon next to the prompt that says “View Receipt.” You may print this receipt by clicking on the “print” prompt at the top right of the page. After this step, close out of the vote confirmation page and click on “Logout” and you will return to www.prss.org.
Posted: August 2, 2013